Green Spring's significance lies in its ability to bridge the historical gap between Jamestown and Williamsburg.
The Friends of the National Park Service for Green Spring, incorporated in 1997, is a non-profit organization dedicated to researching, preserving, and presenting Historic Green Spring and its history for public education and enjoyment. The Colonial National Historic Park has been the steward of Green Spring since 1966.
Built as a home for Governor Sir William Berkeley in 1645, Green Spring is located three miles from Jamestown, near Williamsburg, Virginia. This historical site, while closed to the public, is significant in its potential for learning about the complex roots of what we know today as the United States of America.